Last weekend when we got snowed in I decided to get the new press working. We inked it up in a nice brick red ink, taped up the rails to raise the rollers to the proper height, slowly built up the packing to achieve a nice even impression, and got busy!

inky_press

Test impression with a big piece of lead type went well,

c-rollers

so we locked up the text for a new card and printed about 250 cards. (One’s leg does tend to get tired after a bit, kicking the treadle for hours- but once I got into the rythym of it, I was able to hand-feed easily and turn out all those cards in roughly an hour.)

Chad also gave it a try- he needs a little practice but soon he’ll be printing linoleum blocks on CD sleeves for his band, Bear & Walrus.

chad_firstprint

 

Comments are closed.

Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.